News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

small stream special

Started by corsican dave, November 11, 2016, 08:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Dave, I have one #2 weight Stream Stealth left over and a load of white #3 DT. You are welcome to have any of these to try for free (what that really means is  you buy me  a beer next time we meet :8) ). Let me know if you want one when you finally get the rod sorted out.

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on November 26, 2016, 10:39:42 AM
Dave, I have one #2 weight Stream Stealth left over and a load of white #3 DT. You are welcome to have any of these to try for free (what that really means is  you buy me  a beer next time we meet :8) ). Let me know if you want one when you finally get the rod sorted out.
looks like beers are on me! cheers, Fred! :cheers;
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

well, that is one sweet little baby! I rigged it up with a tiny orvis battenkill I (at £25 off any order over £50 it would've been rude not to) and a wf #3 Cortland sylk (also bargain price). it took around 30m of 30lb braid backing.  i'll have to give your #2 stream stealth a try too, Fred; especially since I managed to get a pretty decent cast out with the backing alone

just been having a flick around the living room  :shock:; awesome! loads instantly and pings out a treat. just wish there'd been a few bandies around...

looking forward to dropping some tiny dries down the bottom of the garden next year.

thanks to everyone for their advice & comments
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: Roobarb on December 08, 2016, 10:47:19 AM

I thought I was the only one who had ever done that too  :lol:

Andy

it's a lot easier with a 5'3" rod too,  Andy!

Bamboo46

What rod did you end up with ? I'm in the same boat looking for a short 2# . I'd quite fancied the Hardy Aln but can't find one . So open to other suggestions. Cheers

corsican dave

hi there Kristian! i ended up with the little vision cults. so far it works fine in the living room  :lol: currently i've got trees going sideways past my office, so it's not had an outing yet

Bamboo46

Thank you , I'm looking at a Malcolm Gray rod at the moment 5ft 2# but like the idea of a glass rod or maybe I'll just save up to get a nice custom built bamboo Dave . The weather sounds awful , in Melbourne at the moment it's hot and muggy.

Highlander

QuoteProblem with a lot of these old glass rods Alan is heavy line weights. I still have a few old Milbro Truefly from the 1960s, but they are all  6 weighs. I'm not even sure they made them lighter,

On reflection you are probably right Fred. The Trufly you mention was my first "good" rod all those years ago. How I managed to cast it is a matter of wonder to me now compared to the light wands available to day. Maybe we were made of sterner stuff then  :)
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

I still have these rods Alan. They hold precious memories although I never use them. They did not break as easily as modern carbon rods either!    :D

Go To Front Page