News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hardy Waranty Repair

Started by Robbie, February 23, 2017, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

I went to Alnwick last autumn and walked out to the Hardy "shop"(actually a large unit on an industrial estate), staff most helpful and friendly, the museum was a tad disappointing less on display than I'd hoped for. They are just like any other fishing shop, sold other gear not just Hardy.
I use both Hardy and Greys rods, no trouble so far.

Bamboo46

Last summer I sold a Hardy Marksman 9ft 5# that had been sitting in the cubard gathering dust for a couple of years,I'd used it maybe a dozen or so times for fishing with dry flies (90 % of my fishing is with dries the other 10% with spiders) since moving onto Bamboo I haven't used any of the carbon fibre rods hence the marksman sitting in the cubard gathering dust ,anyway the chap who bought it took it to the park for a test cast before he paid for it and seemed very happy with his deal around £120.00 . A couple of months later I get a call demanding his money back ! He had hit the rod near the tip with a tungsten bead nymph ,later that day the rod snapped where he had hit it with the nymph . Before I sold the rod I had inspected it very carefully for any marks blemishes ect. He claimed that the rod should be able to take the odd hit from a tungsten bead !! Therefore I'd sold him a dodgy rod . I politely told him that was not the case and even offered to help him get a replacement section as I was the original owner ," only if You pay for it was his response" at that point I'd had enough of his bull#### ,told him not to contact me again   . He threatened to take me to court if I didn't refund his money,I'm still waiting 12 months later for a summons  :makefun  :makefun you can't argue with stupid. Does anyone think I should have done anything different in the way I handled the situation.

corsican dave

Quote from: Bamboo46 on March 22, 2017, 01:44:11 AM
Last summer I sold a Hardy Marksman 9ft 5# that had been sitting in the cubard gathering dust for a couple of years,I'd used it maybe a dozen or so times for fishing with dry flies (90 % of my fishing is with dries the other 10% with spiders) since moving onto Bamboo I haven't used any of the carbon fibre rods hence the marksman sitting in the cubard gathering dust ,anyway the chap who bought it took it to the park for a test cast before he paid for it and seemed very happy with his deal around £120.00 . A couple of months later I get a call demanding his money back ! He had hit the rod near the tip with a tungsten bead nymph ,later that day the rod snapped where he had hit it with the nymph . Before I sold the rod I had inspected it very carefully for any marks blemishes ect. He claimed that the rod should be able to take the odd hit from a tungsten bead !! Therefore I'd sold him a dodgy rod . I politely told him that was not the case and even offered to help him get a replacement section as I was the original owner ," only if You pay for it was his response" at that point I'd had enough of his bull#### ,told him not to contact me again   . He threatened to take me to court if I didn't refund his money,I'm still waiting 12 months later for a summons  :makefun  :makefun you can't argue with stupid. Does anyone think I should have done anything different in the way I handled the situation.
short answer: no
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Highlander

What the rest said.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Robbie

Sounds like you were more than reasonable.

Bobfly

He hit it and broke it, he is not the original owner ..... tough !   You have done things properly.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page