News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Camping gear repairs

Started by np01, April 19, 2009, 08:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

np01

Had a really good find a few weeks back which I thought I'd share. Before I do I should state I have absolutely no commercial interest in this company!!

I have a couple of North Face Tents which are both ca 10+ years old now. I bought them for myself and a mate at the old North Face factory in Greenock when they used to have an annual sale. Mate didn't ever really get on with camping so I ended up with two! Anyway, one of the tents got flattened in gale force winds, bending about 30-40% of the poles, and effetively rendering the tent useless. Had searched on ebay for replacement poles for months without success. Then, in desperation phoned Tiso's. Must have got the "new guy" as instead of saying to me to bring them in and they'd get them fixed "for a price", he very kindly gave me the contact details for their camping gear repair supplier. The company name is Scottish Mountain Gear, if you google them you'll get their contact details from there. I made contact, dropped the poles off and ?50 later the poles were returned good as new. Not the cheapest, but a lot cheaper than buying a new North Face tent!!

Go To Front Page