News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New DIY Product - Sugru

Started by np01, January 21, 2010, 12:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

np01

I came across a new DIY product today called sugru. It's a moldable silicone clay that's intended to let you improve (or as the manufacturers say "Hack") existing "stuff". It immediately appealed to both my thrifty and tinkering sides!

Unfortunately the company is a small start-up and have already run out of product - however if you register on the site they'll email you when they have a new batch ready.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for (never an argument I've concerned myself with when buying "kit"), but I reckon I'll find a number of uses for it when it arrives - remolding uncomfortable/poor quality rod handles? - Making fly boxes nonslip for boat seats etc?

Thought you might be interested (or maybe not!)?

scotty9

I've just had a look, this stuff does look to be pretty amazing!

The telegraph like it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6684351/Sugru-Is-this-the-best-invention-since-Sellotape.html

Shave your fly rod handle down, make a thin layer of sugru over the hanle. Grip the way you normally do, squeeze, leave to cure and you have a perfectly hand moulded handle! Great assuming you don't change grip, still I'm going to try it on some cheap rods!  :D

Thanks for posting!

np01

Think I might try it on my putter grip - can't make my golf any worse :lol:

Pearly Invicta

I like the attempt to create a new market- the so-called called 'hack'.
It looks quite useful but I'm not sure it's the game-changer they'd like you to think it is!!

Go To Front Page