News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

XF2 Streamflex Plus

Started by Steve, February 12, 2011, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

It will be a shame if this is Allan Liddle's idea  "nicked" but when you have an idea you have to action it quickly otherwise someone else is certain to beat  you to it.   :?

Highlander

On a slight tangent but re nicked ideas, Years ago an American tier/innovator sent me some samples of "new"synthetic materials. Foolishly/Natively I sent them to Lure Flash with a view to selling them on his behalf,
I received no acknowledgment but I did notice they introduced some the self same products but under a new name. I complained but they denied I had had any contact & the new materials were developed "in house"
Wont do that again.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

That's a good summary Alan. From the replies here it's obvious this idea is neither new or innovative.

Malcolm

How much have you made, so far, with your flexible 100 foot mirror Alan?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

It's all academic anyway. Everyone knows that a 9 foot rod covers all trout fishing situations.  :lol:

past caring

As has been said, not a new idea - in fact more recently (but a year or so before Hardy/Greys) a Polish (I think) company called Hends has produced two rods with an extendable section, one a 2-3 weight and another a 3-4 weight, both extend a full foot from a 9' to a 10', which is more useful than the puny 6" that you get from Hardy/Greys (and like others have said, barely seems worth it).

Have only seen them on sale here and review is here - though that website does appear linked to the shop. The shop itself is reliable as I've had other stuff out of them without problems, but I've not fished with one nor do I know anyone who has - ?235.00 is fine if it's a decent rod, but a bit much to experiment with on something that might be neither fish nor fowl.

Now what I really want is a 10' #4 rod in five sections where I can remove a section and have an 8' #4 in four sections - that would cover almost all of my fishing needs.....
Oh, you wet, you weed, you mite! I will utterly tough you up!

Malcolm

Past Caring,

David Norwich advertises that he will build an extra piece for any 4 piece rod to extend the length. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz179cS6S-s

There's a lot of coarse rods that are built with an extra section that fits above the handle. Thus match rods that can be 13ft-15ft.

The other similar idea tha I liked is the Gatti telescopic which can be fished at various lengths.

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

toms dun

Has no one mentioned the march brown hidden water rods 6ft to 7ft I'm sure someone on here has one besides me                       Tom

Allan Crawford

Looks good ! More point to this than the Greys 1/2' extension.

Go To Front Page