News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rio Powerflex

Started by east wind, August 04, 2011, 12:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I wonder what Stan would make of this? With his vast and unequalled experience it's areal shame  we don't have him here to get his opinion. Stan was among the first to extol the virtues of Stroft, many, many years ago.

Wildfisher

Elementary my dear Broon. There is 50 years of experience and there is Stan's 50 years of experience. 

I'm sure that clears it up.   :lol:

Allan Crawford

Quote from: haresear on August 15, 2011, 08:39:39 AM
You mention fluorocarbon. Maybe you mean Rio Fluoroflex? Powerflex is copolymer :)

I had the same experience with the Rio Fuoro, but find the Powerflex fine.

Alex

Yes your totally correct !

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on August 16, 2011, 01:41:31 AM
without access to google, forums, books and people that know how to do things i can see where learning from trial and error might be time consuming, but anything i have learned in fishing wouldnt take 30 years, a few frustrating attempts maybe, but i dont see fishing as a hard or time consuming thing to learn.

Stan was an expert long before google and forums. B+H Scottish champion I think it was.  Now I don't like comp. angling at all, but that does not alter the fact he went for it and did it! Some have been attempting the comp.  glory route for years and have failed miserably. Like them or hate them the guys who win are good anglers, you don't become  B+H Scottish champion by organising  pish ups at the Crask. Stan's credentials are immaculate, his writing superb, his books seminal works of Scottish fly fishing and on  the tippet front  he recommended the  use of Stroft ages ago. Foresight and vision!  :D

Malcolm

Quote from: Alan on August 16, 2011, 01:41:31 AM
im still a bit uncomfortable about this experience thing, without access to google, forums, books and people that know how to do things i can see where learning from trial and error might be time consuming, but anything i have learned in fishing wouldnt take 30 years, a few frustrating attempts maybe, but i dont see fishing as a hard or time consuming thing to learn.

Lucky man.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page