News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly Boxes

Started by Inchlaggan, May 15, 2012, 03:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Following on from Donald's Big Fly Box, I have been giving some thought to making "bespoke" pocket-size (3" x 5") boxes from a mix of woods.
So now I am looking for design input. Most boxes open book fashion, with the flies aligned vertically. But there are many other options- chest, drawer chest, sliding lid and so on.
Any thoughts on what you would like to own?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

dazdidge

Can you make one like "The Tardis"?  ie 2x3" but able to carry 1000+ flies with seperate drawers for wets, dries, lures and a secret hidden drawer that will only open after recognising my fingerprint? That one will be most important as it will contain my secret stash of multicoloured powerbait for the days when the troot just don't want to play with my lovely flees :worried

yours hopefully

daz

scotty9

I'd go for something like a large painting frame but instead of a painting just have flat foam. You see nice display thingies with a small bunch of flies but I'd go much bigger and have it as a storage/display device. When you don't need the flies just stick 'em on there, when you need them stick 'em in your box. Would probably look quite cool on the wall too  :lol:

Traditionalist

Quote from: daz on May 15, 2012, 04:31:03 PM
Can you make one like "The Tardis"?  ie 2x3" but able to carry 1000+ flies with seperate drawers for wets, dries, lures and a secret hidden drawer that will only open after recognising my fingerprint? That one will be most important as it will contain my secret stash of multicoloured powerbait for the days when the troot just don't want to play with my lovely flees :worried

yours hopefully

daz

Have been designing one similar to that for a while, just waiting for a bit more input on the time factors from Stephen Hawking.

TL
MC

Inchlaggan

Kicking around some design ideas.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
[attachimg=5]
Go."

Otter Spotter

One like the bottom one in Black with a silver fish skeleton a la Fishbone / G loomis. Knock up one of those and I'll take it. Generous donation to yourself or the forum.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Inchlaggan

Thanks Mike- way ahead of you though!
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
Go."

Traditionalist

Quote from: Inchlaggan on May 16, 2012, 02:05:27 PM
Thanks Mike- way ahead of you though!

Somebody always is! :)

TL
MC

Otter Spotter

Spot on! Now just 3d print it and I'll PM you my address  :lol: (On a serious note Ken, if you make it I'll buy it).
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Go To Front Page