News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly Boxes

Started by Inchlaggan, May 15, 2012, 03:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Nice idea Malcolm. Keep them coming chaps!
Found this on t'interweb.
[attachimg=1]
RS used to do photosensitised anodised aluminium kits that would be ideal for the kind of high-level detail in Malcolm's suggestion. Even scratching through syandard anodised ali might work.
There are a few excellent suggestions and offers of assistance coming through by PM, for which my grateful thanks.
If it all works out we (and I do mean "we"- some objects could pass through the workshops of several members of the forum before completion) could end up with some very fine fishing accessories indeed.
So keep the ideas and comments coming.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Traditionalist

You can etch it easily enough using photo sensitive coating. Spray your metal with the special coating of photoresist.  Print your pattern to a clear sheet, light it up with a UV lamp. Get the lit areas removed in an alkaline solution. Drop it in the acid bath.( Or use ferric chloride).  Works great ( I use it for producing circuit boards). You can produce very very fine patterns indeed.

You can also draw with a marker ( If you can draw! I can't! At least not "art" but I can manage a circuit board no bother ).

http://modeltech.tripod.com/etchingarticle.htm

http://themodelmakersresource.co.uk/articles/article001.html

Photo-etching printed circuit board (homebrew PCB)

TL
MC

Noddy

Aluminium is not very soluble acid solutions. Hence the use of the ferric chloride, in the link given by Mike.  If aluminium was readily acid soluble, there would be lots of supermarket shelves swimming with coke.

Jim

Go To Front Page