News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rowan's Priest

Started by Inchlaggan, May 28, 2012, 05:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Rowan kinda liked the notion of a cherry-handled priest (as discussed in the Fly Boxes thread), so I gave it a slash.
Laminated up some mahogany and oak for the head, drilled this and inserted a couple of ounces of lead- which is all it will need-turned a spindle on the end of a piece of cherry, inserted and glued the handle into the head. Left it a couple of days for the epoxy to really cure, then turned it as one.
[attachimg=1]
I laminated the mahogany and oak with the grain at right angles, layer to layer. Though it is difficult to show here, I am really pleased with the result. As you rotate it in the sunshine if flashes brown and gold, just like a bandy.
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
If acceptable, Rowan is due me a few quid for materials and a donation to the forum, but he did not agree a price!
I throw him upon your mercy!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Rowan

wow
hey I asked for a priest not a work of art  :shock:
payment pending......

happyhooker

That is a pure work of art!
I would be very interested in something similar ( im sure Rowan would like to keep his ' one off' a one off)!
I am more than happy to cough for forum donations + materials and a swally for your good self!?
If its acceptable? Could you pm me details costs/ ideas?
The thaught of having a hand made bespoke piece is appealing!
Tight lines
Brian

Malcolm

Very nice work of art!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Rowan

got my priest today, thanks Ken
a genuinely unique piece of tackle
perfectly weighted and just the right size for my waistcoat  :D

corsican dave

you may have to set up a production line here, ken :lol: beautiful piece of work! don't suppose you could manage a slightly larger one, what for bashing pollack on the 'ead? (my thermos flask's taken a bit of a battering...)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Inchlaggan

Quote from: corsican dave on May 30, 2012, 09:11:00 PM
you may have to set up a production line here, ken :lol: beautiful piece of work! don't suppose you could manage a slightly larger one, what for bashing pollack on the 'ead? (my thermos flask's taken a bit of a battering...)
no problem (other than to your wallet!) just give me an idea of size, wieght etc and it'll be with you shortly.
For the avoidance of doubt, you pay me for materials and postage only and make a donation to the forum. Nor do I advocate the unnessacary chapping of fish, even pollack!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page