News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

More Forum Funds!

Started by Inchlaggan, June 18, 2012, 06:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Happyhooker- in the excitement of his recent nuptials- was silly enough to order a priest for himself and a lure box for his new wife. They have now been completed and you Forumites now get the chance to facetiously "big-up" the items in order that his consience requires that his donation to forum funds is inflated beyond his meagre wallet.
The priest is of a laminated oak and mahogany head on an alder handle, weighted with lead and with leather thong (no jokes, please).
[attachimg=1]
It is around 9 inches long (no jokes please). The box is 9x6x1 1/4 (none of your Napoleonic metrics here).
[attachimg=2]
The box sides are laminated mahogany and pine, the faces cherry, stringed with sapele.
[attachimg=3]
The sides are laminated during construction, to produce neat corners.
[attachimg=4]
The base matches the top, hinges and clasp are brass.
[attachimg=5]
The interior is veneered with boxwwod, mahogany and sapele, and provided with a foam lining, the Rapala is not included!
[attachimg=6]
The final finish is beeswax.
Take him to the cleaners!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Wow! That is indeed grand craftsmanship.  :shock:

happyhooker

Ken, they look grand!

Men, go easy, the wallet has taken a hammerin of epic proportions! Should of done this before  last week and foregone the wedding flowers!! :crap

alancrob

Spotted these at about £40.

http://www.shop.pontillofurnitureconcepts.com/

Smaller than yours and produced dozens at a time.

A

bluezulu

that is impressive.

mrs bz caught me looking at the pictures and thought it was a 40th birthday present for her...hmmmm. :? :?

hard to put a price on that sort of craftmanship.

Inchlaggan

After some inept navigation I finally found where Daz was working yesterday.
(Another face to a name).
Daz has kindly donated a big dod of hardwood, which, despite an idiot in a Merc trying to total me on the A9 homewards, is now in the workshop.
There it awaits conversion into items (priests. fly boxes, lure boxes, or whatever you fancy -its up to you), for the price of a donation in aid of forum funds, postage and the cost price of any additional materials.
Please form an orderly queue.
Go."

dazdidge

Good to see you Ken, glad you made it back safe and sound along with the wood. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can produce from a pile of scrap wood that I would otherwise burn in my stove :shock:. I use small amounts myself and am almost finished a jewelery box for my eldest daughter. Once that is done I am going to make a box for my tying tools and vice, I have a neat idea to stop them rattling about inside the box and to keep them warm and snug, I will share that one with you if it works.
For anyone that is interested the wood itself is FSC certified so it comes from sustainable and environmentally friendly sources and is now also being recycled by Ken for forum funds, everyones a winner :D

Ken, I forgot to ask you the other day where you get your hinges and clasps from? Can't find any locally and am needing to get some for the afore mentioned boxes. Can you recommend an online supplier?

cheers

daz

Inchlaggan

Daz
Start from the page below, but watch out for their postage costs. They produce a printed catalogue each August, worth looking out for in WH Smith.

http://hobby.uk.com/materials/hardware.html

Ken
Go."

Sandison

Don't do spinners and such, but the priest is magnificent. I am in for a bid of £30.
Bruce Sandison

Go To Front Page