News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Homemade Fly Rod Carrier - magnetic rod rack

Started by Darwin, July 10, 2012, 04:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwin

I ran across this today and thought it might be useful to some of the DIY folks out there  :)

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Get a pair of samarium-cobalt magnets and you will be able to fix  your  mother in law up there on the roof as well   :lol:

dazdidge

If anyone wants to try this I have some VERY strong magnets that I removed from some old machine fixtures, problem is they are that strong you can only just pull the fekers apart from eachother. They have in fact ruptured the skin and given me blood blisters when they have clamped together with ms skin between them. They are not the same size as the ones in the video but a bit of two part epoxy will do the job. You WILL need to cover them with something to protect your cars paintwork!!!

daz

trout n about

Quote from: admin on July 10, 2012, 02:18:47 PM
Get a pair of samarium-cobalt magnets and you will be able to fix  your  mother in law up there on the roof as well   :lol:

If she was up there, do you really want anything to fix her to the roof ? :lol: :lol:

Andy

Inchlaggan

Nice idea, thanks for posting.
One thing to check before you start- will your car hold the magnet? Some panels are aluminium.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

dazdidge

Self tappers Ken! As long as you don't mind wrecking the paintwork that is.

Go To Front Page