News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Season over, gotta find something to do....

Started by Inchlaggan, October 07, 2012, 05:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Spent the non-fishing days of the last month prototyping the winter project.
Nothing to do with fishing this time, but a new challenge.
[attachimg=1]
Dunno what the thing top right is, but the rest is a 1/12 scale horse-drawn lumber wagon.
[attachimg=2]
Wheels are made in the traditional manner (a proper B*gg*r), rather than simply turn them out on the lathe. The metal tyres are yet to be added.
[attachimg=3]
The steering assembly, the chamfers add a touch of realism.
[attachimg=4]
Rear end, a lot of finishing touches to be added- mostly metalworking, but the major problems have been tackled.
The winter project is a much more complex design, but you gotta start somewhere.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

Super workmanship on the pole wagon.

If you are ever in New Zealand visit the Kauri Museum at Matakohi in North Island. An absolutely marvelous and very extensive collection of old logging and sawmilling equipment. The best forestry industry display and historical reconstruction work I have ever seen. They have a good website too.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Inchlaggan

Don't think I'll get to NZ, but their website is going to get a visit. Thanks for the heads-up.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

If you go to their main website and then to Image Gallery and then to Historic photos they have there quite a library of all sorts of categories of material within which is logging and timber transport and so on. Very hardy fellas for sure. Their Kauri Gum display hall is quite mind boggling and anyone who remembers the scent of the original see through golden brown Pears Soap will recognise the perfume ingredient straightaway.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

zeolite

I have a plan to turn a cheapo Squier Tele into a slide monster. I will let you know when I start but the fishing might get in the way.  :makefun
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

Moggie

Quote from: zeolite on October 07, 2012, 11:42:40 PM
I have a plan to turn a cheapo Squier Tele into a slide monster. I will let you know when I start but the fishing might get in the way.  :makefun

I had one of those once but it died!
Do it well, Do it once.

Go To Front Page