News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

knottable wire: is it just me, or...?

Started by corsican dave, October 31, 2012, 11:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

the pike weren't playing today, so i thought i'd show you what i'm playing about with

from the top:

a tsunami micro crank on kevlar tress. the lure sinks like a stone so the kevlar tress is irrelevant!

a bigysmal micro crawfish on ron thompson hard mono. as you can see, this is quite springy. the lure is deadly. lost count of the pike caught on this!

an hrf micro crucian on surflon. sinks/neutral on surflon, but floats on kevlar tress.  the other pic shows its effectiveness!

for comparison, a classic shakespeare little s on knot 2 kinky titanium. as you can see, it's awkward to knot neatly

the kevlar tress casts these small lures a treat. i caught one small jack today with the leader firmly in the scissors. on a previous occasion i've had a similar fish slice straight through 30lb spectra braid, but one fish is hardly conclusive....

i've got a lot of my lures from allan mee of agm lures   http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/index.php
allan's products are excellent and his service is nothing short of amazing. and he doesn't rip us off for being north of the border :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Traditionalist

It's best for fly-fishing as well. Doesn't interfere with the action of the lures so much as wire,

Go To Front Page