News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What's Your Strangest Catch

Started by hopper, December 09, 2012, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

don't know Fred might be an avenue worth following   :lol: :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: hopper on December 10, 2012, 08:23:32 PM
don't know Fred might be an avenue worth following   :lol: :lol:

I'm not so sure Eric. I had to get  fewer inoculations  for the  2 Himalayan expeditions I was on in the 1990s.  :lol:

keithfish

witnessed an eel must have weighed at least 3lb caught on the fly, my poor mate thought he was playing a monster trout for about 5 minutes till we saw it .

Noddy

Spinning from a stone pier my brother hooked a duck, he brought the duck in and then went down the stone steps to release it from the spinner.  To make the job easier he held the duck beteewn his knees so that he could use both hands.  He said out loud " if ye hold still I'll be quick"!  I still wonder to this day what the couple who had just arrived thought when they saw him with duck between his legs and hearing that!! :shock:

Jim

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on December 11, 2012, 12:27:09 AM
Dave and Scott caught crabs on the Ullapool stravaig
No such problems at our ned-free, clean and classy end of season stravaig venue now Alan. The fishing and scenery is vastly better too!  All booked and paid for already.  :shock:  I can hardly wait.

What a  ned-free clean and classy  forum!  :lol:

Wildfisher

Fair enough, but certainly nae ex soccer casuals anyway   :lol:

emc

C&R at a distance ...... but was fishing for mackerel in the mouth of the Gairloch. Reeling in a line full when a Bonxie appeared and latched on to one of the mackerel. It was only a light rod so I was pretty happy when it got the fish of the hook and flew way.

Otter Spotter

A few years ago whilst out stockie bashing I caught a bat, I put the rod down and was working my way along the line to free it when it managed to escape of its own volition, thank christ, I was having visions of rabies.

On the same night I caught a 'bow' on a fag end, my flea had fallen to bits and my mate dropped a fag end in the water which was promptly attacked, so I stuck the butt of the fag I was smoking on the ruined flea and had a fish first cast.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Robbie

One day whilst fishing for mackerel off a pier a sea gull, with impeccable timing, managed to fly into my line mid cast.  After a good ten minute fight I managed to land it, then came the painful process of releasing the bugger.

corsican dave

here's Scotty and Dave with their crabs:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page