News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

3 good things

Started by Harpo, August 08, 2013, 09:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

There was a cooking show called, 3 good things, where chefs made dishes from 3 main ingredients, which always ended up being more like 20 ingredients once they'd faffed about with garlic, herbs, vinegar and oils :roll:

Anyway, this is my 3 good things dish, I make this often, usually when I have little time to get something cooked.
Boil the Pasta, once drained stir in the canned mackerel in chilli sauce and some salad cream and heat up

Would also be a good camping dish, the cans of mackerel are light, take smaller bag of pasta and sachets of salad cream

You can add salt to the cooking water and chilli flakes if you like it spicier

[Attach=1]

Wildfisher

aye, that looks good, quick and tasty food.

It has to be better than the pasta and baked beans Scotty9 once fed me in NZ   :lol:

corsican dave

along the same lines: tin of tuna in oil and curry noodles. cook tuna in curry powder (inside noodle packet) and oil in a large pan, meanwhile add boiling water to cover noodles in a bowl. once soaked (which is about the same time as it takes to heat through the tuna, around five mins), add noodles to tuna, stir around a bit and serve back into the bowl. eat.

for best results you can add plenty of black pepper and some "proper" spices, but provided your curry sachet doesn't have any msg you'll be surprised how good it is!

for camping a bulb of garlic or even a tube of paste adds a pro touch... obviously not all at once :roll:

if you really want to save some weight, put your tuna into a ziplock bag the night before you set off. you can even freeze it overnight if you wish. incidentally, the same trick works with steak, too (although you need to add oil here, which takes it over Harpo's 3! :8))
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page