News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bag,Vest,fanny pack or combination.

Started by Highlander, March 15, 2014, 06:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

I came across some pictures of my bag.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=2]
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Highlander

I wiz just gonae ask you that Sandy as I could not make it out in the first pictures.
Tight Lines

Ps Meant to say Orvis catalogue droped throught the post today. They have a nice one but at £69 I doubt I could justify the expence.
Tight Lines

Nothing of the Leven today but expected that. No fumbling though, first cast with 6000C went flying across the river. Only one small overrun all morning, noo too bad.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lochan_load

I got a mil-tec waist pack this winter for taking out fly fishing, hate wearing a vest you end up carrying a load of crap and it's all bulk around your body when your casting. Last year I just travelled really light and kept stuff in pockets but can get a bit annoying so went for this waist pack, big enough for a couple of fly boxes and stuff you'll need and even a wee bit of grub!
Google mil-tec Molle waist pack and it'll come up, mine was about £7 delivered and really sturdy, I've got a mil tec rucksack 35l and it's solid, really well put together no frills kind of bag, love it

Billy

The April trout and Salmon has a deal on for readers.

Airflo outlanders vest and backpacks at 1/2 price.

Billy

Allan Crawford

Quote from: admin on March 17, 2014, 09:05:18 PM
For things used a lot that I don't want to have to fumble in pockets for I rigged up this.

[attachimg=1]

Again, not rocket science. A length of elasticated bungee chord (it does not twist, tangle or dig into your neck)  and fixed to it - left to right -  The Deergravy Fly Drier, cutters, nippers with integrated needle and nail knot tool, amandou patch and gink.  This hangs round the neck with the point of cutters reaching belly button level. It tucks away under the bib of the waders or inside a zipped fleece. It does not get in the way which is especially important while crawling around on river banks.  This a lot better than the dangly bits hanging off a vest that can't be got out of the way.

You can buy these for about £20 + delivery from the USA.   :lol:

I've made these using abseil cord which can be bought for a few pounds by the metre from climbing shops in different diameters and comes in nice colours. Recently my daughter was given a neckless kit bought from craft shops, combine the two and you could make some really nice ones, just another idea !

PS that elasticated cord is what I use for hanging my net, also great for attaching kit to rucksacks.

Wildfisher

Allan, I'm going  to make a more "sophisticated"  one. I have ordered some more 3MM bungee and some 14MM split rings. I'll fix the rings to the "necklace" and that way I can add and remove tools etc as suits. 5M of bungee - was under £2,   25 split rings about the same inc delivery.

Allan Crawford

Sounds good Fred, maybe I'll make up a new one and we can start a craze

Wildfisher

Don't bother Allan, The Wildfisher Bruce Wayne Batfisher Utility Belt will retail at £24.99 inc. UK  post and packing.   :lol:

Allan Crawford

Wildfisher in the name and a famous angler, I'll have two, hope it comes with lots of packaging ?

SteveF

Last season I resolved to carry less 'stuff' so I switched from the airflo outlander to the Orvis safe passage hip/waist pack. It is thicker than a bumbag so I can get my gear in and a sandwich box. On the outside are 2 elasticated mesh pockets which take water bottles.

As well fastening around the waist it also has a detachable neck strap which has a loop on it to attach a magnetic net keeper.
It has nice touches such as magnets under the material so your forceps, nippers etc don't jangle around on the zinger.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3H6T Currently on sale at £37.50 instead of the silly price of £85

Steve

Go To Front Page