News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

60.8%  .... !!!  You will need a wee splash in there !!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Inchlaggan

Big word? Same number of letters as "Superscot".
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

superscot

Quote60.8%  .... !!!  You will need a wee splash in there !!!

Tried with and without really nice dram

superscot

Another few for a sat night
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

arawa

For several reasons been unable to go fishing yet this season, but sharing this excellent single cask malt with my son is mitigating the pain  :)

[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

I took a trip up to the local distillery over the weekend and came back with a few bottles.
[attachimg=1]

burnie

Quote from: arawa on May 01, 2022, 09:46:21 PM
For several reasons been unable to go fishing yet this season, but sharing this excellent single cask malt with my son is mitigating the pain  :)

[attachimg=1]
I went for a tour round that distillery just before the lockdown, I am currently drinking on of the 18 year olds that my son got me for my birthday, most acceptable.

arawa

After reading a very favourable review in a whisky magazine, bought a bottle of this partly to baffle my son :). Looking forward to trying it.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

superscot

Now thats one i have never heard of be interesting to read your wee review on it

arawa

Quote from: superscot on August 09, 2022, 01:50:57 PM
Now thats one i have never heard of be interesting to read your wee review on it
All the encouragement I need  :).
Very sweet and rich nose. Powerful and warming first taste and long finish but (at the risk of sounding as if I know what I am talking about) perhaps a bit light in the middle!
Neither my son nor I would have known it was not a Scottish malt and we would have tried to place it from somewhere in Speyside.
Last night we were drinking the excellent Glendronach Parliament (old style) and while the Swiss is not in the same league neither is it completely outclassed.
A very interesting bottle to bring out with whisky-loving friends and what remains will puzzle several of mine.
The professional opinion is below.

[attachimg=1]

:)

Go To Front Page