News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Float tubes?

Started by Clan Chief, September 17, 2015, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shad

Quote from: johnny boy on September 18, 2015, 02:10:57 PM
I have a snowbee and whilst its good the lack of a backrest pocket (to put your jacket etc in) is a bummer. This means if your going out all day you have to wear what you are likely to need the whole day...

I have a Spartan but it has a slow leak which I just done seem to be able to find, if you get a second hand one then you need to consider lack of replacement parts (unless someone here can point you/me in the right direction).
Steve Partons widow was selling off the last of his tubes and bladders. I think her number was on the float tube association forum,while back but worth a look.

Wildfisher

I'd try to get a 2nd hand Shakey. They are Sparton v-boats - designed by Steve for Shakey

highlander2504

Quote from: shad on September 18, 2015, 12:58:50 PM
Ah someone owns the lineaffe,could you maybe do me a massive favour and weigh it?I'm looking to buy a tube for taking on hols so needs to be light.I see it listed on eBay as 3.6kg but I'm sceptical.
[/quote
Yeah, no bother. I will take it to work tomorrow and weigh it. Having lugged it up to many a hill loch. I am fairly sure that it weighs more than 3.6kg.

shad

Cheers that would really help.

haresear

Protect the edge.

silverbutcher

I want one..
Fred, you could be the British dealer for the Wildfisher Stealth Ultraskiff Bandy Hunter.  :D

Billy

Bobfly

All it needs are for the weight to be cut in half and for a set of carrying straps.  Can you get an inflatable one ?
Trust the Yanks to come up with something like this !!!!  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

bibio1

In all seriousness that is a great piece of simple engineering and design. Not sure how good it would be loch style but very well designed.

haresear

Quote from: bibio1 on September 19, 2015, 09:06:04 PM
In all seriousness that is a great piece of simple engineering and design. Not sure how good it would be loch style but very well designed.

That's what I thought too. If you were to stick a small drogue out the back just to keep the tracking true, I'm sure it would be fine to fish loch style from.

Alex
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

No need to keep adjusting to face the right way all the time either !

Go To Front Page