News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Float tubes?

Started by Clan Chief, September 17, 2015, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

If you have stocking foot waders get yourself a pair of  neoprene wetsuit boots they are much less clumsy than wading boots and will protect your waders from wear. You will get a pair on Ebay for under a tenner

Lochan_load

That's a good shout, the flippers that came with it aren't the type for using with wading boots

Wildfisher

They are also handy if you have to get out of the water and walk. You really don't want to do that in unprotected wader stocking feet.

These are all you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adult-Osprey-OSX-Wetsuit-Boots-3mm-Neoprene-Shoes-Mens-Womens-Ladies-Surf-Kayak-/131133119429?var=&hash=item1e88249bc5

Carry a pair of poly bags with you. Slip them on your feet first then put the boots on. This will make it far easier to get them on and off. Trying to slip neoprene boos over neoprene stocking feet can be frustrating.  :lol:

Bobfly

Clan Chief and I had a great day on a couple of lochs on Sunday. The first has a nice shallow sloping entry spot and CC took to it all straight-off like a duck to water :D :D :D    Off to the next loch and away we go with the fishing gear and good results on a very calm day. There's no looking back now !!!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: borderbob on September 29, 2015, 11:53:43 PM
Remember to order at lease two sizes bigger than your shoe size

A timely reminder. I bought 2 pairs before I got them to fit!   Shoe size +2   :lol:

Bobfly

Being a cheap skate renowned for "adapting" stuff ..... I use a pair of very cut down unlined wellies to make short ankle boots for when I am using stocking-foot breathables with the tube. Cheap as chips, can walk on rough ground to the loch, and they are going to fill with water anyway but they will dry out fast unlike neoprene boots (or waders come to  that). Go with wellies !!!  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

I have neither but will probably go neoprene on the basis that they are cheap and will keep my feet warmer....I'm a bit of a delicate flower  :gay4

Go To Front Page