News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Crask Inn

Started by Wildfisher, January 12, 2016, 12:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Any word what has happened to it?  Has it been sold yet, closed or is it still a going concern?

superscot

Fred its all yours for a wee page oot yer bank book !!!!
[attachimg=1]

Also came across this for this years opening times ! That way you can pre-plan yer upset tummy

[attachimg=2]

Wildfisher

Thanks Colin. It looks like it closes for the winter months now, it used to be open all year round.

Only open 3 days / week in summer. That's a shocker.  Perhaps a sign of the times, but as Bob Wyatt once said to me when Eric at the Alt Bar  died "things change"  I guess he was right, you cannot keep the world in stasis.

There soon won't be a northern highland fishing hotel left at this rate.

superscot

It seriously must be a hard job to make any sort of living from shall we say older establishments ... the maintenance upkeep must be costly, but reading most of the reviews they seem to like the place

Would i spend that sort of money answer is no ... something a bit more up to date with full power and good running water. Could be converted to a stunning family home but at what cost for total upgrades !   

seamab

My sister said it looked pretty busy when she passed on old years night. Lots of cars and lights on in hotel. Might have just been private party mind?

Wildfisher

Quote from: superscot on January 12, 2016, 01:28:07 PM
Could be converted to a stunning family home but at what cost for total upgrades !

It's most  likely to be bought by someone who is very wealthy as a holiday home. The asking price seems a bit high for it ever to be bought as a going concern hotel. It needs a vast amount spent on it to bring it up  to an acceptable standard and I'm pretty sure that if that bothy was reported to environmental health it would be closed for both safety and health reasons. It is dreadful  and infested with vermin.  It will probably sell eventually if they can hold on long enough. 

Wildfisher

Quote from: seamab on January 12, 2016, 01:40:36 PM
My sister said it looked pretty busy when she passed on old years night. Lots of cars and lights on in hotel. Might have just been private party mind?

Mike told me they have hoochter choochter bands in now and then at weekends. It used to be popular with folk from Lairg, but the draconian Scottish drink drive limits may have scuppered that. You risk a ban now with just one glass of wine with a meal, many just don't bother going out at all.  It has had a devastating effect on trade in out of town hotels and restaurants. Shame really.

Inchlaggan

It is being offered as a going concern with accounts available for perusal after viewing.
The valuation will be based (in part) on the turnover and profit (£100,000 and £18,000 respectively.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Could be another Tomdoun Ken. How is that going anyway?

Has the rich chap moved in yet and closed the fishing that was being  "creatively" used ?    :D

Inchlaggan

The place has been completely gutted and remains a bomb site of a building site. This amongst rumours of astronomical sums being spent on the refurbishment. The hotel had enjoyed access to (and fishing on) Loyne, this was stopped and the relevant adjacent land has been sold to a gentleman with an interest in renewable energy (both hydro and wind) though this sale went through just before Government subsidies were reduced.
The creative fishing has been curtailed somewhat, but the perpetrator has published and extract of his deeds on his website as a result of "enquiries". This extract appears to demonstrate his right to fish. Whether this will be challenged is unknown.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page