News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

i've seen what it's like on the carp side; and it ain't pretty

Started by corsican dave, September 23, 2016, 01:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

anyone who is in any doubt as to the farcical nature of stockie fishing and the ridiculous nature of stockie carp fishing especially, should read this. as for the obscene & disgusting reactions from some sections of the "carp world"; well, words don't exactly fail me but they're not nice ones. horrible, isn't it?  :x
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1829411/angler-who-landed-britains-biggest-carp-receives-death-threats-as-rival-fishers-call-for-his-girlfriend-and-child-to-be-raped/

so-called "carp guru" Jim Shelley seems to be an especially lovely character, eh?  :shock: apparently he's an angling coach.....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Well, I've got two small ponds in the garden so if I bring home two wee bandies in a poly bag like a visit to the shows, and pop them in and feed them up I might reach my "brown trout PB" in late 2017. Sounds like a very solid plan with the advantage of a built in mortality allowance!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

I know Vaughan, isn't it pathetic? but it just shows what vile creatures exist out there in the fishing world. all of them above the water.... :roll:
just for fun, here's a transcript of a text exchange between myself and a buddy on the subject a few days ago:

CD: no different to your next-door neighbour buying a larger neon tetra for his fish tank and about as relevant. btw, what's the british record for a neon tetra?

Jamie: 🐠🇬🇧 7oz 3dr....  haha! (joking, of course)

CD:was that grown on or bought in from the pet shop?

as a post script, it does serve to remind us that we're very lucky to have such pleasant & polite folk on this forum
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Just so Dave ... we are very close to what are often called "normal" people ...  :8) :8)

corsican dave

Bobfly

Wildfisher

Over my 63 years I have been involved in a lot of hobbies and I can say categorically that I have found fishing to have more total arseholes per capita than anything else I have been involved with.

Present company excepted of course!   :lol:

Laxdale

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on September 23, 2016, 07:07:54 PM
:D :D
Got to wonder if carp anglers all have wee willies.

Or any at all. Might be a tadger free zone.  :lol:

Laxdale

Quote from: admin on September 23, 2016, 08:04:57 PM
Or any at all. Might be a tadger free zone.  :lol:

I think they have all had their appendages relocated to their foreheads!

Go To Front Page