News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Fox & The Hounds

Started by Highlander, November 21, 2016, 04:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

See Scotland Police have said that the law as regards hunting foxes with dogs is "not worth the paper it is printed on & unlikely any action would be persued.
Nearer home I see that the Renfrew & Lanarkshire Hunt have been out in my neck of the woods & low & behold a fox was killed. The" hunt saboteurs" say it was "torn to bits" then shot the Countryside Alliance say it was not but was flushed out then shot. They also state that they stay within the law as regard current legislation
The RSPCA vet states that though it was shot the wound was in the leg & not fatal. It did though have injuries consistent being mauled by dogs.
So what do you guys think about it all? Should the law be changed/tightened up. Should people be prosecuted?
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Given their tacit support for the mass slaughter of hares on grouse moors to protect the assets of grouse moor owners I very much doubt the Scottish Government will do much to clamp down on this.

Bobfly

I read that there was a shotgun used but pellets did not hit vital organs and so there was a short interval prior to death. That sounds as though the hunt did indeed follow correct procedure but you cannot guarantee to have a one shot kill at a running fox that has been flushed out to the guns by the chasing dogs. You would think it unlikely to result in a wholesale change in the legislation but you cannot predict what Holyrood might do !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

There was a "debate"  (and I use the word loosely) on BBC Radio Scotland's Kaye Adams programme this morning.  It was hilarious. For those of you not familiar with this programme it's another  Scottish incarnation of The Muppet Show.    :D

Go To Front Page