News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

once in your lifetime

Started by corsican dave, March 30, 2017, 12:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

in my email just now  :lol:

Dear Dave,

Scotland is considered by many to be the home of fly fishing - the waters there are often referred to as 'dead-mens-shoes' waters, in that you have to wait for someone to die in order to get a chance to fish them, such is the demand.  Some of these waters are so inaccessible that they need a helicopter to reach them.

So the trip documented in Once In Your Lifetime really is that - a one-off, dream trip for the four international fly anglers who were lucky enough to take part. From the mighty River Ness to remote mountain lochs, these guys get a real taste for Scottish fly fishing in all its forms.

Tight Lines!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

SoldierPmr

Am I missing something isn't the most remote part of Scotland just 7 miles of bog away from the nearest road? I think a woka woka is a tad over kill to reach some where  :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: claretbumble on March 30, 2017, 01:19:44 PM
Is that from that same "Guide" we spoke of previously, Dave?
i think so, Liam. but this came to me via The FlyFishing Channel
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

ianmck

Knee deep in peat bog while fending off swarms of midgies probably equates to completely inaccessible to some  :lol:

Bobfly

I have often dreamed of having my own one-man "Jamesie Bondie" hovercopter machine - how handy for inaccessible places !!!!!!!!     Would have to fold down small and fit in the back of a car  :D :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

Quote from: SoldierPmr on March 30, 2017, 01:13:51 PM
I think a woka woka is a tad over kill to reach some where  :lol:
not when you're a fat g#t...  :lol:

Wildfisher

At the risk of upsetting the nationalists I'm afraid ENGLAND is considered to  be the home of fly fishing. It was the sport of the southern toffs who  brought it up here. 

As it should be!   :lol:

SoldierPmr

Quote from: admin on March 30, 2017, 04:44:23 PM
At the risk of upsetting the nationalists I'm afraid ENGLAND is considered to  be the home of fly fishing. It was the sport of the southern toffs who  brought it up here. 

As it should be!   :lol:

How about the otter board then?  :lol:

Bobfly

Bonzer deal .... where do I get one here ????   :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Laxdale

A previous owner of Morsgail Estate had one of these things. He used to piss off the neighbours on a regular basis with it.
They do not work well in  breeze....

Go To Front Page