News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Social media superstars?

Started by sagecirca, April 09, 2017, 02:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: mattheweastham on April 22, 2017, 09:03:47 AM
That's what social media does well - instils a sense of self importance to people who lack the perspective to appreciate how insignificant their endeavours are in the greater context of real life.

Succinct and eloquently put Matt.  :D

corsican dave

i'd go along with that, too. it's pretty much all playing and has no greater meaning. i do my fair share of fish posting, primarily to let my wife know that i am genuinely out wasting my time fishing & not carrying on an illicit affair with some floozy. it also lets my climbing buddies know i'm not pushing up any daisies just yet

i do like sharing experiences & ideas with folks from across the globe & i genuinely enjoy seeing their photos and videos. i find it quite inspirational. hence the Carp Champions group. as we've said earlier, that could be better achieved through a forum, but Facebook, for instance, seems to be the main or only way a lot of people communicate nowadays. sadly we don't have many (any?) australian carp fishermen on WFF, despite my best efforts to invite them

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

johnny boy

Quoteprimarily to let my wife know that i am genuinely out wasting my time fishing & not carrying on an illicit affair

:)

Go To Front Page