News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Fly Fair 2018

Started by corsican dave, April 14, 2017, 12:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

"Visitors will have the opportunity to watch some of the very best in the world tying trout flies, sea trout flies, salmon flies, pike flies, carp flies, pollock flies, bass flies and mullet of every style you could possibly imagine."

don't believe the hype  :8)

http://www.scottishflyfair.org/fly-tying.html
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Sorry, but I would not go to that  if it was a fully expenses paid freebie that included beer.   :lol:

corsican dave

i'm glad you're not taken in by the advertising Fred  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I just don't "get" these things Dave . Were it mid winter when there was little else to do I might not find the thought of wasting a day at great expense  watching a bunch of guys  tying flies such a ludicrous prospect,  but this is springtime, time to DO stuff!   But then I have the same attitude to game fairs, a gathering of bores with tail-free spaniels who like killing, so to each his own.   :lol:

corsican dave

generally speaking i agree with you Fred. my understanding is that the fair will be a celebration of all things fly fishing and will be showcasing new films etc. certainly NOT a purely tying fair (which would be dull as...). Davy Newell, the organiser,  is one of the guys that helped set up the Kendal Mountain Festival and that's the sorta' thing he's aiming for with fly fest.

myself and Jamie Sandford will be hosting a stand promoting fly fishing for carp (Carp Champions) & you can rest assured that my crude tying talents will not be on display. i'm quite capable of ripping the p*ss out of myself without needing the general public to do it for me  :lol:

the web-site's a bit of a work in progress as the festival takes shape, so i guess that's why we're in with the tying right now

anyway; keep an eye on it. the weather might be pish that weekend....

Wildfisher

Where is it anyway? I didn't get any further than the first page where on seeing Allan Liddle's photograph I was overcome by a wave of nausea and had to close the browser.   :lol:

SoldierPmr

Quote from: admin on April 14, 2017, 04:38:31 PM
Where is it anyway? I didn't get any further than the first page where on seeing Allan Liddle's photograph I was overcome by a wave of nausea and had to close the browser.   :lol:

It gets worse Fred. Dave's face is further down the page  :lol:

I can imagine it being a very good event, I do enjoy walking around these sort events and finding out what's new I also use to love game fairs as a child. I used to travel a lot as my parents had an attraction where you would shoot each other with lasers.

Wildfisher

Quote from: SoldierPmr on April 14, 2017, 04:56:47 PM
you would shoot each other with lasers.

Ah yes Liam I can see it now;  removing spaniels' tails with lasers, the future of countryside pursuits.  :lol:

sagecirca

Is Allan Little a member of this forum?

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page