News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

camping newbies

Started by scoobyscott, April 15, 2017, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

Have to agree about Achmelvich,great wee site.

Fishtales

I was up there with the family first week of the Easter school break. Eleven of us in two caravans, six adults and five children, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10. They all loved it, especially the beach, but I managed to get all the kids away for a few walks too. One to see the 'Castle', another over the dunes to see the hidden crofter community and over the dunes coming back and one along the road and down to the bridge over the Roe on the way up to Loch Dubh. On the way we stopped to look at the seals from the road viewpoint just after the house called Windy Hollow, I think it is called.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Captain conger

a good torch.
a good knife.
a good stove.
a good tent 3000hh minimum.
some cans of beer.
parachord

drink the beer first and put the empty cans on a branch/rock/fence.
make a bow n arrow with the parachord and a branch.(willow is excellent)
kid on your robin hood for the rest of the night.
your now a wild camping champion

loch coulter

Quote from: Fishtales on April 17, 2017, 09:35:30 PM
I was up there with the family first week of the Easter school break. Eleven of us in two caravans, six adults and five children, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10. They all loved it, especially the beach, but I managed to get all the kids away for a few walks too. One to see the 'Castle', another over the dunes to see the hidden crofter community and over the dunes coming back and one along the road and down to the bridge over the Roe on the way up to Loch Dubh. On the way we stopped to look at the seals from the road viewpoint just after the house called Windy Hollow, I think it is called.
used to get plenty of sea trout from loch Roe to the left of the bridge round the corner, bubble float and worm! fantastic suppers with them on the beach at Achmelvich on the barbecue!

Go To Front Page