News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scourie Hotel advice

Started by corsican dave, May 09, 2017, 12:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

Quote from: Highlander on May 09, 2017, 01:34:26 PM
Did (Sandfly) a one time forum member not go there every year, kind of miss him from the board think he spat the dummy over some splat with Fred or suchlike.

Dave won the prize for the heaviest fist a few years ago.
I was up there with my mate in the campsite and we ran into Sandfly. He had a good old chat with my mate as I think they both originated in Blantyre.
Smashin wee guy.

Its also one of my favourite places and I have stayed in the hotel a couple of times. Once with an ex-member of the forum (who shall remain nameless) who completely embarrassed me with a couple of the other guests. I was never so glad to get home after a fishing trip.

Billy

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on May 10, 2017, 08:06:31 AM
Did they get the day ticket price for non residents sorted out?  New owners had increased it  from around £5 to  £20 /day. Pretty steep considering the mediocre quality of fishing imo.
don't know Fred, sorry. never thought to ask. there's still the Scourie Association lochs available from the petrol station. Colin Munro assures me there are still very good fish in these, especially the ones that require a bit of a walk
http://www.scouriefillingstation.uk/sd&ac%20leaflet%2013w7.pdf
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

alba

Wanted to stay here the last time I was at Scourie (first trip) but ended up in the Eddrachilles Hotel due to being fully booked. Board system here as well but to be honest we ended up disregarding it and just getting the map out and walked miles into the hills everyday. It was really enjoyable.

Wildfisher

Quote from: alba on May 10, 2017, 11:19:55 AM
last time I was at Scourie (first trip) but ended up in the Eddrachilles Hotel due to being fully booked.

Scourie is very popular I think you would  have to book months in advance (years in some cases) to get in during the high season. Jeremy Paxman, Chris Tarrant etc were all regulars and may still be. I have only ever eaten in the bar and it was full of Hooray Henrys and very expensive indeed.

A knowledgeable angler with a twisted sense of humour could have some real fun there.  :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on May 10, 2017, 11:38:57 AM
Jeremy Paxman, Chris Tarrant etc were all regulars and may still be. I have only ever eaten in the bar and it was full of Hooray Henrys and very expensive indeed.
i think Paxman & co were at the Altnaharra?
as for the bar, i guess it's some time since you've been there? the majority of the clientele are from the camp-site up the road and it's very popular

Quote from: admin on May 10, 2017, 11:38:57 AM
A knowledgeable angler with a twisted sense of humour could have some real fun there.  :lol:
well i've certainly got the twisted sense of humour and i sure do  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on May 10, 2017, 12:25:42 PM
as for the bar, i guess it's some time since you've been there?

10 years Dave. It is quite possible I will never be there again,  my fishing focus has changed a lot, but you never know!   :D

Inverguseran

Quote from: admin on May 09, 2017, 10:28:50 PM
You are still going there after all those years Davy, great stuff!
Yes still going Fred, had to stop fishing for a couple of years due to illness but ok now. Must be due a turn as Boardmaster.
Bobfly when are you there ? I will be there from 11th June.

Davy

corsican dave

great to see you back in the groove Davy! :D

Inverguseran

Bobfly

~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page