News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New books

Started by scoobyscott, May 11, 2017, 12:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Just received these from Amazon. Some light reading for when she's watching her box sets. Although I'm not in the competition scene or even an advanced angler I reckon there's bound to be some useful info I can try out. Has anyone else read these?
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Wildfisher

Read the Wyatt one. It's very good.

Highlander

Do not know about the Wyatt book but a lot of people seem to like his writings.
The Jeremy Lucas one is not "new" I seem to remember reading it some years back 2010 would that be right?  I found it dull & if I remember right the photos & line drawings were poor & whilst he mentions patterns there are no dressings. Not a good read but you might like it. The Wyatt book probably the best of the two.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lochan_load

Not read the wyatt one but read plenty articles by him and I've got his DVD, all good stuff. His flies are a bit shabby though  :lol:

scoobyscott

Sorry highlander not new just new to me. Had a quick scan at the pics/ diagrams and they are pretty poor. Still if I get a few tips/ ideas then it's worth it.
The wyatt one I've fancied for a while. Love a dhe

Mark

Read both. The Jeremy Lucas book is pretty dull, he comes across as an extremely obsessive type of guy which I suppose is what you want if interested in competition fishing. Doesn't make a good author tho.

I had to laugh at his dry fly for fishing the 'duo'? He called it an oppo or something stupid like that and hailed it a triumph. It's a hares ear parachute without a tail. Might name a tailless greenwell after myself!

One of the better nymphing books is dynamic nymphing by George Daniel. Lots of ideas in there.

Go To Front Page