News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rio InTouch Single Handed Spey Line

Started by Wildfisher, July 10, 2017, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Speaking to a guy on The South Esk today, he reckons this is the best all round line he has used. Great if you have limited space behind but also great for overhead casts.  It's not cheap, but you  get what you pay for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8EKJg8LhU

rannoch raider

You may or may not be surprised at how well a Rio short head 'Outbound' performs a roll cast on the single handed rod. It flies out!

Laxdale

I use AFS heads and Outbounds for salmon fishing. Good lines, but I find, as have others, that they are not the most durable of lines. They either crack close to loops or where the head joins the running lines on Outbounds. You get what you pay or.........( :D :D :D).

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on July 11, 2017, 12:24:40 AM
You may or may not be surprised at how well a Rio short head 'Outbound' performs a roll cast on the single handed rod. It flies out!
it' a very popular line with folks using big flies too, pike flies & big streamers. apparently it fairly whangs out

as Gordon says, i don't trust the welded loops. i replace them straight away with moser braided loops. i had a rio carp line bust its welded loop after three casts.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Welded loops  do crack eventually, but it's not really a big deal. I'd replace them with a Moser Minicon,  they come in salmon and trout sizes. Far and away the best braided loops I have seen, but like everything "Moser" you pay through the nose for them.

rannoch raider

I've got quite a few Rio lines, had some of them for years. I've heard from others that they wear quickly and can be prone to cracking. I can't say I've noticed it myself but then I probably don't get out as often as I used to so my lines probably don't get a terribly hard life. In terms of performance I think they are hard to beat and worth the wee bit of extra expense.

corsican dave

my rio pike line is now over 3 years old and has had a lot of use. & i mean a lot i have used rio line lube for the last couple of years and the line is still superb. the welded loop started to break down after the first month but i kinda expected that....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

WF  lines are easily cracked by false casting on the running line. Few things will kill a line quicker.

Go To Front Page