News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hospital tying

Started by scoobyscott, December 08, 2017, 10:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Going in for an op on Monday and as a result going to be in hospital for about a week. Will I be allowed a small selection of tying gear in? Has anyone else done/ tried similar? There's only so much Jeremy Kyle I can watch  :shock:

Bobfly

Scott, you can pretty much take in whatever you want. Take plenty good books, smartphone, box of tying stuff and all sorts. If you are going to be mobile and moving about after a while you could set up your stall each day in a day room.  :8) :8)

Before too long I will be going back into hospital and this will be the twelth (!!!) time I have been into an operating theatre of some sort or another since I had my tonsils out as a lad about 10. Boredom is the enemy unless you are one of those folks who can fall asleep anytime, anywhere.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

scoobyscott

That's good to hear. I am a light sleeper and always active or need to be doing something. I'll get a wee kit made up and pick up a book or two this weekend. I've got a rod to build too but will probably wait til im home before tackling that  :lol:

Bobfly

Hope all goes well. Make sure you ask for a bed away from the "nurses station" because they will chatter away all night and keep you awake  :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

scoobyscott

IanR

You may find that certain fly tying materials, feathers, fur, etc., will not be permitted due to "infection control"....

Some Trusts do not allow flowers, for that reason.

scoobyscott

Quote from: IanR on December 09, 2017, 11:49:23 AM
You may find that certain fly tying materials, feathers, fur, etc., will not be permitted due to "infection control"....

Some Trusts do not allow flowers, for that reason.
I thought that may be the case, which is why I asked. Will ask when I get there

pedropete

hope its nowt too serious mate, on the plus side you get some vice time .remember the hospital ward flytying pics!!

scoobyscott

Thanks Pedro, it is serious but happy to say everything went well. Didnt pack my tying stuff as I'm in icu for the next day but will be getting some brought in once I'm in a ward  👍

pedropete

just you relax pal, get yourself better,glad to hear everything went well!! you never missed a thing hahah.

Go To Front Page