News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Fly Fair, Stirling 10 March

Started by corsican dave, February 21, 2018, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

I'll be there Saturday morning.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

arawa

Went today and had a good chat with Corsican Dave and a browse of some brilliant fly tyers at work. Absolutely packed. The organisers must be delighted.
Look forward to an even bigger show next year!

Bobfly

Never seen so many vices in action. Lovely work on display. Good to meet up again with some Forum diehards.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

bibio1

Agreed, it was a good show. The  only issue is the entry fee but I suppose the venue etc has to be paid for. Well organised and good to meet Dave and the others. This is much better than a game fair

pedropete

agreed, im ok with a 10,er, let's make this Scotland's permanent flyfishing/tying event if I'm honest it was packed out.. but i was there early sat.no food catering??? I had my own but folk commented.the trade stands were great and the flytying was even better..it was fekin roasting inside so if you're going dress down..cafe for refreshments after, i thought it was good..

Billy

It was a busy place and as already said there were a huge number of tiers.

Good to meet up with some of the guys and have a chat with Dave.

Billy

garryh

Really impressive ,unbelievable number of fly tying demo's all the fly tying materials you could possibly want .nice to speak to a few forum guys .even a few from the past .I.M.O this far outshines the game fair . was a little crowded but i was there first thing so maybe calmed down a bit later. wallet took a bit of a bashing but when you can actually see the fly tying materials it is better than sending off for them .hope this becomes a permanent fixture .

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

corsican dave

just a quick note to thank you guys for coming. it was great to all hook up at the same time! i'm really glad you enjoyed it. i passed your comments on to the organisers & they're very grateful. let's hope this event goes from strength to strength. it's certainly the most impressive collection of fishing stands and exhibitors i've ever seen in one place, and that includes the CLA Game Fair. i'll post some photos tomorrow
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

well, i wasn't expecting THIS as an outcome! very, very pleased to be working with such a great custom rod-builder  :D an exciting year ahead  :8)

https://www.gouldfish.com/single-post/2018/03/18/Gouldfish-at-the-Scottish-Fly-Fair-2017
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Well done Dave. A good reward for all your efforts. A top class connection and match up to make.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page