News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

My Website shutting down

Started by Highlander, March 04, 2018, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Been a labour of love for a number of years but all good things must come to an end. Was a joy creating it
in the first place. Kept it simple & in keeping what I was all about.
If people enjoyed it then that was fine by me. Many did comment favourably sad but there you go.

http://www.thehighlanderway.com

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lochan_load

Had another look at it the other day Alan, interesting reading about some of the history of the patterns we all use all the time. Maybe an idea to start a wee thread on here where every now and then you do a wee right up about a popular pattern. Shame to let all that knowledge go to waste, I'm sure members would be interested to read it.

Bobfly

I know nowt about IT but I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of parking up some archive of all this compilation that you have gathered together Alan. There is too much here to see it lost. Someone must how to put it into its own file record like to Wildfisher articles.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

agreed. we need your knowledge & insight, Alan
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Part-time

It would be a shame to loose all the information you have gathered together Alan. Might be possible to transfer it to the Reference section of this forum - I guess the easiest way would be to ask Fred to assist with this when he's back from NZ.

As a quick/temporary measure, if you need to close down your website soon, you could probably cut and paste the text into a new thread on here and attach the photos - you would loose some of the formatting/graphics but the main text and photos would be fine.

Robbie

I have visited your site many times and found it both interesting and useful. As other have said it would be a shame to loose all that information.

aliferste

I assume you will be leaving it up though ?

Highlander

No it's all gone from view thought it best to do that. I have saved all my J peg & gifs is case I start again but at 69yrs old I am getting too old now. I did however retain my domain name for a few years. Been a labour of love but had run it's course.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

johnsd

Sorry to see your site go Alan visited it quite a lot cheers thanks for your efforts
yer going where

caorach

Anyone who wants to view the site can still find it on the wayback machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170928173002/http://www.thehighlanderway.com/

If you want it removed for good Alan then I think that there is a way to ask for it to be removed from there, though there are also some other similar services so it might be a job removing it from all of them.

Go To Front Page