News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What single thing would you change about Scottish fishing if you could?

Started by Wildfisher, September 17, 2018, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

johnny boy

QuoteMany ordinary anglers while being sad to see the disappearance of any wild creature won't miss salmon and the ridiculous, petty nonsense that goes along with them.

Cant say i agree with that, i for one would miss my salmon fishing, even though i prefer trout fishing, its nice to have variety.

'Petty nonsense' is not exclusive to salmon fishing IMHO.

I would be all for an angling licence (a reasonable sum) but only if more than 50% was earmarked exclusively to advertise and promote angling to anyone 16 years old or younger, as others have said, they are our future.

sagecirca

Wildfisher

Laxdale

Quote from: admin on September 19, 2018, 04:41:10 PM
Tomorrow 0800 hours comrade.  I''l bring the worms.  :lol:

Try the Tay with your snakes....anywhere from Glendelvine to the sea. No one would notice.

Wildfisher

Laxdale

It is far from a disaster anywhere. The weather knackered the salmon fishing more than anything else this year. The Helmsdale manager said the fish counter says they have had the best run for a few years, but catches have been dire.
Sadly, around Lewis and Harris, dolphins and seals ( east coast), and sea lice west coast) pretty much had all the fish before they could get in to fresh water.

Wildfisher

I'm  hoping to get some good photos of leaping fish this back-end n the Westwater. There were next to none last year.

Great fun and best of all no fish harmed and no permission  required.  :8)

loch coulter

Go To Front Page