News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ready Bag

Started by Wildfisher, September 24, 2018, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

This is something I have started doing. Have a "ready" bag with everything I need for a session on the local river. I can just pick it up and go knowing I have not forgotten anything

Rod, reels, flies, waders, boots etc. When I get back I dry the gear and put it back in the ready bag for next time. Makes these last minute decisions to go fishing much easier.  :8)

Now if only there was someway of fixing these gales................................   :lol:

haresear

A big blue Ikea ready bag perchance?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Bobfly

My ready bag is mostly a very strong thick black tool box that can sit in 9 inches of water swilling about in a boat. Plus the float tube is ready loaded with fly boxes and so on. Then there the ready loaded hill sack for river or loch. Then there is the big green waterproof gear bag with the jackets and life vests and that all deals with 90% of it  :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

SoldierPmr

Mines the car boot having a 2wt and 7wt in there covers most occasions oh and a small spinning rod for the extra spatey days.

haresear

Quote from: Bobfly on September 24, 2018, 09:15:17 PM
My ready bag is mostly a very strong thick black tool box that can sit in 9 inches of water swilling about in a boat. Plus the float tube is ready loaded with fly boxes and so on. Then there the ready loaded hill sack for river or loch. Then there is the big green waterproof gear bag with the jackets and life vests and that all deals with 90% of it  :D

I go for barbel, pike, perch, mullet etc. so my ready bags are a shambles.

Alex
Protect the edge.

caorach

I have a ready jacket! For quite a while now I've been wearing a mil surplus windproof smock for my fishing and I keep everything I need in the pockets with the rods and reels living in the back of the car when I'm fishing. I love the windproof smock as with not being waterproof it is so comfortable and breathable. In really wet weather I wear a waterproof layer under the smock. All I need to do is grab the smock and jump in the car and I'm off fishing. Of course if I'm out all day and walking a decent distance then I tend to have my lunch and tea making gear in a rucksack.

Robbie

I usually keep a rod, reel,  waders, boots and small chest pack in the car just in case. Should probably keep a change of clothes so that I could use the excuse of havin to work late.

Been a complete watse of time this season as I have only managed a coupl eof outings on local rivers, has made my permits extremely expensive.

Wildfisher

Don't keep your gear in your car. Look what happened to Paul Proctor the other day.  You will have to be on Fakebook to see this

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=701565630223176&id=100011092353090&__xts__
  • =68.ARAWxGUdaE6G8wXrZ985pXo4bWtKntv7GbrItbsjwnZier1OPD6xk9UYbZZI-nHJnSnBHIcWErIDw8nPzwgQIMCJaWeYqd4ISoysAmOEy3j6D9qgVRiXvGCWxSr_B_UfLuHLZrPQbQoaFBbxWFxGehNhBQqDRM6CeF4a45Wt0lwfYFOrsrw8&__tn__=C-R

Thieving lowlife scum   

Bobfly

:( :(   No shortage of these feckers around ... sadly.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Saw that on Facebook Fred, terrible. The rods to him are probably easily replaceable (not that that makes its any better)  but it was the fly boxes and other little bits we build up that made me feel sorry for him, mean very little to others but can be quite significant to us and usually represent hours upon ours of work.

Go To Front Page