News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Milbro Glass Rod

Started by Robbie, October 23, 2018, 01:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Quote from: admin on October 23, 2018, 02:22:04 PM
I have two Robbie. Don't want to part with them as I have had them since I was a lad, but you are welcome to try them out.

Thats very kind of you Fred, I'd like to take you up on that offer when I get some time.

I'm not looking for a silver bullet, I'm just a tackle tart.

The glass rods I tried recently were ratad for a far heavier line than I normall fish, 8wt rather than 4 or 5wt. However these were not too heavey to fish with, had great feel and it was still a heap of fun to play the fairly modest sized rainbows i caught  :worried :crap. This has me thinking that something in a 6wt might be very versatile loch or even boat rod suitable for dries, wets and streamers whilst making the most of the bandies I catch. Maybe even holding onto a whumped that takes a liking to a fly at the last minute.

the robustness of the glass rods also gives an added bit of reasurrance.

My interest in trying the older glass rods is really just out of intrest in material properties and the realtive effect on rod performance. As a structural engineering I know enough about material properties to be dangerous. Also can't always hide my inner geek.

Go To Front Page