News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rain

Started by Wildfisher, August 14, 2022, 10:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Looks like there is a chance of some meaningful rain early this week, even here in the east. Might even get out fishing again before the end of the season. :)

Guest_8

Bobfly

Huge thunder and lightning display around us just now. About to get a wetting I hope  !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Guest_8

Pedalled down the river path on the way to work this morning, the Irvine is the highest I've seen it this season! Really coloured, and it's started raining again, guid stuff. I assume the SEPA site problems are ongoing? I had a look this morning and it was only up 5cm, but checked again at 9 and it seems to have updated.

Hope your local river is the same Fred, missing your videos sir!.

Wildfisher

Complete non-event here. According to SEPA the river rose 4 inches yesterday from what was a near record low. I just had a look at the river  and there is no obvious difference from last week. Right now it's cold, dull  and drizzly but the sky is clearing so I guess we missed any rain that might have made a difference. No more rain in the forecast for the east coast.

Apparently Fife is even worse than Angus, but who cares about Fife?   ;D

caorach

Quote from: admin on August 16, 2022, 10:48:18 AM
Complete non-event here. According to SEPA the river rose 4 inches yesterday from what was a near record low. I just had a look at the river  and there is no obvious difference from last week. Right now it's cold, dull  and drizzly but the sky is clearing so I guess we missed any rain that might have made a difference. No more rain in the forecast for the east coast.

Apparently Fife is even worse than Angus, but who cares about Fife?   ;D

I'm currently just north of Belfast Fred and most areas in NI had varying amounts of rain over the weekend but there was none here. Watching the rainfall radar it missed me by probably hundreds of yards on all sides but I stayed dry. How weird? Unfortunately Lewis didn't get any either, though I think they have a wee taste today, but such is life.

The radar is very useful to people planning fishing but I guess most know about and use it:

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Wildfisher

Useful radar Philip. Confirms we have missed the rain which is way out in the North Sea now.  :(

Go To Front Page