News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Avoiding Midgies

Started by Wildfisher, June 08, 2023, 03:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Great new video recently published by or own Philip. Very professional! :)

arawa

Good video Philip.
For a few years I have been happy with Smidge but it does not seem to work as well this year. Don't know if the formula has changed or if the midges have become immune!

Bobfly

Hedgewitch Icaradine is the cheapest and best by far. Also worth having the thin stretchy blue gloves for hands and wrists.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Laxdale

Head net or midge suit.
Thankfully, salmon fishing tends to be dire if midgees are out.

johnny boy

I've been a staunch use if midge nets for years, especially since I used to wear glasses, trying to get the wee buggers out from behind the lenses was just a nightmare.

Not used deet in years due to how destructive it is.

May have to look into icaridin products for the hands as they can still be a bit of a neusence.

superscot

While were on the subject a wee laugh for you all and going back a few years now! I always wore the midge net with the built in hat as it kept the net of your face and absolutely swore by it even better than sliced bread.
So, while on one of the Alaska trips hod it and dod it decided to treat themselves to theses new fangled Alaskan super bug nets I said expense not required my net does me just fine which it did.
Anyway, on return hame first trip out to some obscure west coast midge infested dub and as normal wind drops oot they come jackets on sleeves taped up thin rubber gloves on or Durex gloves as I used to call them and we are fine to fish away apart from a few. Fur f##k sake .... jeso ...hey big yin are you are getting bitten ......naw im fine how the f##k are we getting bitten .... well turns out the mesh size was for mosquitoes and not our beloved midge. Let's just say the lads couple of days away was not pleasant. Pays to check out what your buying ........

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page