News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Some Heavy Rain Over The Past Few Hours

Started by Wildfisher, October 07, 2023, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxdale

Quote from: admin on October 07, 2023, 08:26:52 PMAt least we are missing the "heat wave".   By the way the BBC are carrying on I'm assuming millions in the south are likely to die if the temperature "soars" to 25 deg. What a load of alarmist, cult follower bollox.  ::)
One of my mates at Murthly took his boats off the river yesterday morning. The water was in the Stenton hut by 4 pm, and, last time I looked, the river was still rising at 4am.Lower river ghillie said his boats were still on the river.....in the car park right enough! There are a huge number of big trees complete with roots heading for the sea, as well as a lot of the trees directly felled by the rodents. And here I am on Lewis wanting more rain for tomorrows wee black grilse hunt.

Inchlaggan

85mm yesterday, 25mm already (7.30am) today. Headed down the Tay to the Forth, at least the Perthshire Garry should have some water in it for once.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Aye may the Packhamites be praised all that rewilding has saved us from the heatwave   ;D

Laxdale

The Tay reached the same level as storm Frank. Only been higher (in the recent past) in 1993.
The boats that were stashed in a car park were gone the following morning, and several other boats have gone.

Wildfisher

Washed away or stolen by opportunist thieves?

Fishtales

it will be a while before you can drive from Lochgilphead to Oban :) This the Bealach Mor just before Ardfern turnoff heading for Oban.

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

That's one impressive landslide. The forces of erosion in action. Just as well no one would ever want to  go to Oban,  ;D

caorach

I drove down from Ullapool to Cairnryan on Saturday and must say that I've seen heavier rain, but only in short bursts. Never before have I seen a whole day of it constantly beating it down like that. I was pretty lucky as the drive went quite well though I did sit for about an hour near Bannockburn where the road was flooded and the cars were going through in single file etc. There was an Audi in front of me and they are famous for not coping even with puddles so I expected an explosion but he got through, however from what I could see the car behind me didn't get through. It was only when I got to Glasgow that the roads started to be just "wet" rather than "flooded" so there was quite a marked change in road conditions within about 15 miles or so. One thing I can say is that I was really, really, glad that I took the BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres off my pickup and replaced them with the Pirelli equivalent, the BFGs were a nightmare on a wet road even at low speed but how they'd have coped when most of the roads had 2 inches of water flowing along them I dread to think.

Bobfly

The Insch Marches below Kingussie are a deep lake with Ruthven Barracks an island.
Rivers around us are falling back now.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

Here is the pack bridge at Carrbridge .... still standing !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page