News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

2023 Main Salmon Run Has Been Cancelled!

Started by Wildfisher, October 16, 2023, 10:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

I just heard that SEPA also contacted the fisheries board who then sent out someone to inspect the blockage. This person reported back to SEPA that he estimated fish could get past below the debris. Scottish Water have been ordered to clear the blockage by SEPA. This obviously won't happen before tomorrow's floods. Let's hope there is no sewage  leakage into the river.

Again - without anglers who are interested in the welfare of our rivers and fish who  is going to keep an eye out for such incidents? Had I not gone down to check on the river this problem would still not have been reported.

Lefty armchair conservationists, Greens and some animal welfare organisations would do well to remember this  before the decry angling as cruel and something that should be restricted and/or banned.

Without us the rivers would be open sewers and drains.

scobo

100% Fred !
Can imagine the rivers will be full to bursting already this morning.
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

burnie

The rivers are just starting to rise, at present the local Esk rivers are less than a foot up, I expect that to change rapidly in the day.

Wildfisher

Another big flood this past week. The river is pretty much back within its banks now and this blockage is still clear.

friock2.jpg

Go To Front Page