News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Latest Fishing Video

Started by Wildfisher, October 17, 2023, 09:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Just published not much fishing but some nice footage as well as my dulcet tones!  ;D

burnie

Nice drone work Fred, maybe do some fly tying for your followers in the winter?

Wildfisher

Can't see me doing any fly tying Richard, I can't stand it these days.  :D

burnie

I was thinking you might tie one fly and tell us why and how you use it, just a thought for those lousy days when we cannae get out.

Bobfly

The upper Allan to Blackford is now fully choked by Rununculus. Very vigourous growth.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

I was told the other day that it's now a big problem on the Northie from the Luther confluence down. Above that no problem. The Luther has been full of it for years.

burnie

It's been present in chalk streams for centuries, they have a cutting program to handle it, the weed is seen on some rivers as vital to help keep water levels up in dry summers. We may have to build some weed racks Fred.

Wildfisher

All cutting does is increase its vigour and the cut fronds snag up and take root downstream. I think we are stuck with it to be honest.

burnie

It works on some of the most expensive trout fishing in the world, but they can afford a crew of men to cut and clear the weed, me and you and a couple of Arbroath lads might struggle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVqEjCPy-Q

Go To Front Page