News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Get your wellies on

Started by Wildfisher, October 18, 2023, 09:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Laxdale

A friend was up in Brechin last night assisting the fire brigade with his big sooking lorry. The photos he took on the way home to Perth down the side of the Isla were eye opening.
I note the Blackwater at Garve is currently just below its highest recorded level. Which probably means the Conon will be like fishing a new river next May.

Wildfisher

The blockage is now massive but moved downstream a bit. Will go down again tomorrow and see if the fish will have passage once the river drops. Some farmer will be pissed off, tonnes of tatties scattered widely. The coos will have a great feast when they return,

88df5444-5acb-48e5-92bb-5f85f8ac4427.jpg

burnie

At least the pipe looks intact.

Wildfisher

I see the SEPA gauge bottomed out on Friday, def. a record high.

gauge.jpg

Wildfisher

I was sent this. 40M of The Lurgies path embankment at the west end of Montrose Basin has vanished. This keeps the sea out! Surrounding farmland and houses may be in peril at the next 5M high tide. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Perhaps it's time for Angus Council to ditch plans to spend 10s of millions on pointless, woke cycle paths that no one except a few left wing "green" fanatics want and start spending the money on maintaining essential infrastructure. Ending the war on motorists and fixing the pot holed roads  would be a good place to start. 

3474d0c1-08fb-45cd-8f3f-d5bba0ae23dd.jpg

Go To Front Page