News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Quiet with light winds

Started by Wildfisher, November 21, 2023, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quiet with light winds at Lunan Bay this morning. A good day to get the drone in the air.

Lunan Bay 1.jpg

Lunan Bay 2.jpg

johnesmithson

Wonderful photos Fred. Are there any restrictions on drone flying round your way? I got buzzed by one when I was trout fishing under the Quirang on Skye this September, and I see that the local tourist board have recently made a move to ban them. I was going to get one for Dartmoor to do some fish and redd spotting, but that ain't allowed either!

Wildfisher

No restricted areas where I go John but that said I have a few rules of my own that I stick to and always avoid flying near anyone as I know how really annoying drones can be. The reality is the real restrictions are caused by Scotland's appalling weather.   ;D

IanR

Quote from: johnesmithson on November 21, 2023, 03:42:21 PM....and I see that the local tourist board have recently made a move to ban them.

The Tourist Board can't ban them (apart from taking off/landing from property owned by them - they can't stop you flying OVER their property). Airspace is regulated by the CAA...

burnie

Quote from: IanR on November 24, 2023, 01:31:07 PMThe Tourist Board can't ban them (apart from taking off/landing from property owned by them - they can't stop you flying OVER their property). Airspace is regulated by the CAA...
and me and my rifle.......................... 8)

Wildfisher

Quote from: IanR on November 24, 2023, 01:31:07 PMThe Tourist Board can't ban them (apart from taking off/landing from property owned by them - they can't stop you flying OVER their property). Airspace is regulated by the CAA...

What if you hand-launch?  ;D

Go To Front Page