News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rod and Line Magazine

Started by Sean Freeman, March 16, 2019, 04:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Freeman

Hi lads,

I'm looking for a rod and line magazine, number 16 from 1976. If anyone has one I don't specifically want to buy it (although I would) I would just like some information from it.

Cheers,

Sean

Highlander

I got all the issues but sadly only to 1964. was it still being printed in 1976 I thought it was defunct way before then. As a matter of interest what were you looking for?

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Sean Freeman

I think it ran until 1981 from what I've read but the editor changed a few times. The exact issue I'm after is the 1976 Vol 16 issue 2 (February). There's one particular article in it about a species of trout I'm interested in. I'll just have to wait it out for one to appear on eBay, or a full collection.

Bobfly

If this was a British publication a copy of every issue will probably have been lodged with the National Libraries for which there has been a deposit copy requirement that dates back centuries. Searching on line for a now digitised copy might strike lucky
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Inchlaggan

Snap Sandy! I found that one as well.
British National Library should hold a copy, but you are going to have to ask them to retrieve it (at a cost) and travel to London to view it in person.
It is possible that the answer to you query is available elsewhere on t'internet.
Ask away.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Sean Freeman

I'll see if I can find anything at the national library, a perk of my job is free rail travel! :D
I also found the one from March 1976, one month out! The answer to my query is definitely out there but the people who know rightly keep quiet. There is just a slim chance that the issue contains something about a species I'm interested in finding, the issue could prove useful or not at all. I've spent many hours researching and spent a decent amount on books looking for them. Lads have put up reports on the members forum here but not on this public section. Most of you will have no doubt read the reports.

Bobfly

Go to Edinburgh. The NLS is a national depository.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Sean Freeman

Yeah they have it at the NLS in Edinburgh, excuse for a nice day out! :lol:

Go To Front Page