News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

ferox hunting: any ideas?

Started by corsican dave, January 06, 2010, 07:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

ha! a desperate attempt at provocation!!! :lol:

although i have to say, the concept is intriguing and may merit further investigation :wink:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Robert Engleheart

Corsican Dave,
Have you a fish finder? I fish some large lakes on the West coast of the US and recently purchased a Humminbird Fishing Buddy 120. Really helps with finding bottom structure, depth and yes, even fish. I use it on a 10.5 foot long inflatable pontoon boat and think it's grand. Uses 6-AA batteries for about 24 hrs, very small & light and self contained. It is the cheapest model ($168 USD, no cheaper that I could find) that has side-scan, which is a nice feature on lakes. I have some friends who fish the sit-on-top 'yaks like yours on the Central California coast and find them indispensable. You can upgrade to color @ about $200, but I can't see the need. Albeit a small screen, it's very clear and good in direct light. I believe it could be very useful in your quest. Good luck and let us know how it turns out............

Go To Front Page