News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Different ways to Skate a sedge

Started by Rabmax, June 28, 2013, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabmax

Here's a picture of the large size 10 ones .

I was using smaller less bulky ones for the smaller trout in the tributary yesterday.
Another fly i catch lots of trout on the the french leader or Duo when there taking just below the surface.

I use them in all the useful body colours.Normally Yellow, Olive, or Grey
Sorry the pictures are crap.It's the best i can do with my camera & my photo taking knowledge.Cheers

Rabmax

Swisher's Dancing Caddis might be a good option too.I haven't tried skating it yet but i guess it's not called the dancing caddis for nothing.I use it for the Duo often as it's a great catcher & can be made very visable too.

(Click for better picture)
Cheers All :D

scotty9

Sorry for the delay Rab, looked at these when you posted and forgot to post up saying thanks. They look good, can certainly envisage lots of movement from the cdc.

Size 14 yellow emerger then Size 20 cdc/elk last night, dead drifted, nothing on the big flies  :roll:

Rabmax

It's that time of year again for the sedge twitching.Had a great night last night fishing till 1am.Going to try an all night go tonight.Hopefully there will be some moon light & i can see just a wee bit.Cast across as near the opposite bank.Start twitching & hold on.(great fun).Get twitching people  :lol:.Cheers All

Harpo

Quote from: Rabmax on June 17, 2014, 06:46:48 PM
It's that time of year again for the sedge twitching.Had a great night last night fishing till 1am.Going to try an all night go tonight.Hopefully there will be some moon light & i can see just a wee bit.Cast across as near the opposite bank.Start twitching & hold on.(great fun).Get twitching people  :lol:.Cheers All

Hi Rab, funny you post this, I had forgotten  about this topic and never got to try this last year.
However I was out last week and was having fun with sedges, and again yesterday.
I have found a perfect pool for skating sedges on and I have box full of bushy beasts.

I almost tried it last night but the sea trout were moving so I out on a teal blue and silver and caught f' all instead  :lol:

Go To Front Page