News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Amazing find!
Last post by SoldierPmr - Today at 09:07:46 PM
I've heard of people dismantling their tanks to find Khulis they thought had disappeared years ago. They really must be the best hiders. I really like them but for this reason I have never bought any.
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 08:30:37 PM
Amazing that I haven't seen it over the last five years. I spend time in the shed at various times, even when the lights are off as I have a night light that comes on when the lights go out, and never saw it once :)
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 07:52:58 PM
Sneaky!   ;D
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Jon - Today at 05:32:15 PM
I'm a big fan of biotope aquaria. Not sure I'm a massive fan of this tank though. It needs more hardscape. However you might find it interesting.

https://cefishessentials.com/blog/biotope-aquarium-101-an-authentic-rio-meta-biotope-for-ram-cichlids-more/
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 04:26:32 PM
I'm pleased with how the roots cleaned up.

e408f30d-5172-4b86-bf83-12e174e049f2.jpg
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Amazing find!
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 03:43:17 PM
Checking the eggs today and made an amazing find. When I set up the tank five years ago I bought various fish, most of which I still have, amongst them was a couple of Khuli Loaches. After a few days they just disappeared, I assumed they were dead. Nope, there one was, right in the corner where the eggs are, buried under dead leaves beneath the filter :)
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 02:59:21 PM
I gleaned some very nice old roots from a local wood today as well as a load of interesting pebbles and small stones from the beach. Just about to power wash them.  8)
Last post by Jon - Today at 02:39:43 PM
Splurge and spend a few kid on some decent pieces of bogwood also. Don't worry id you see any kind of biofilm growing from it in the current weeks. This can be removed and is completely normal. Some fish may even eat it.

Fill the sand and add the hardscape and then arrange to your liking BEFORE filling. Trust me it's so much easier to do this way.
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 12:12:23 PM
I'll nip down to the beach and get some pebbles to sprinkle about randomly on the surface to break up the uniformity. Even the odd bit of shell should not significantly change the water chemistry.

Back in the day we all used beach sand and gravel in the Malawi tanks. The bits of blue ad white  broken shell in it looked good as well as buffering the ph.
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 10:14:24 AM
Quote from: Jon on Today at 10:02:59 AMIt will be easy to spot dirt with that colour and so easy to remove too. :)

Exactly what I thought.
Go To Front Page