News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

I haven't but if there's a camel toe..... :lol:

Robbie

More extreme DIY castration, but some thing would get in the way of a camel toe.

garryh

I believe you are right with the devil connection Andy. I recall reading it somewhere but i cant remember where.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Robbie

Another fly with a reputation that I have not fished often:

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Love that Robbie, really nice!

Clan Chief

Nice tying Robbie. Looks like a Clyde style flee but a pattern which was developed for the Tweed I'm sure!

rannoch raider

Now for something completely different ! Granato's Truffle Shuffle Fire Tiger. Originally an American bass pattern but makes a good pike and perch fly in various sizes.

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Lochan_load

I commented on that yesterday must've got lost in the ether! It's a great looking pike fly, are they funky eyes on it?

Wildfisher

I seldom tie "patterns"   believing most of it to be bollox. Tying patterns is fun for sure, but bollox nonetheless 

I like keeping it simple. Here is a very effective early season dry which I find rising fish will take when they ignore Klinks, parachutes etc. The only  problem this fly has is it's not easy to see on the water and adding a post or wing makes it less effective.

Body olive thread, tail and main hackle red game, front hackle a few turns of blue dun hen, Hook Fulling Mill Grab Gape barbless 14 and 16.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page