News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Boat for sale.

Started by rannoch raider, May 03, 2014, 04:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

I took a bit of time and care putting this outfit together but alas sudden changes to my personal circumstances mean I will have very little time to get the use of this cracking package in the season ahead. I'm well pissed off about this but there is nothing I can do about it. The asking price is a guide only. I can assure anyone interested that this is a top quality fishing package that will bring a smile to your face. This boat is a joy to use.
It is advertised on gumtree  as below.....................

Like the ad says , I am open to offers.

For sale is my Bonwitco 400 Fast Fisher. £3500 ONO, It is a very well put together seaworthy craft that is well known for it's build quality and stability. It punches well above it's weight for a 13 ft boat and will seat four adults easily and fish three comfortably. It is a sought after and highly regarded boat for the Lochs and inshore sea fishing . I have only used it on the bigger freshwater Lochs and it handles very well indeed. It is a Semi planing hull and can take up to a 25hp engine if you want a speed machine to play on? I have settled on an 8 hp Honda 4 stroke for angling and that is what's on it now. This engine is in truly excellent condition throughout .It is the latest model and was initially bought as an auxilliary for a bigger boat. It has hardly been used at all but was serviced annually in any case and you can tell immediately from looking at it and starting it. It starts first pull every time and is very smooth, very quiet , very reliable and has the power to push this boat along at a fast pace if you need it. It also trolls beautifully and has an original Honda Fuel tank which fits perfectly under the rear seat. The engine has an external power lead and will charge a 12volt battery from it's alternator.
The boat itself s in very good condition and has been very well maintained. The hull is still on the original Gel Coat. It is structuraly very sound indeed and is fitted with a heavy galvanised Keel band along it's length which has protected it well. The interior deck space of the boat is spacious (5 ft 5inches wide with deep gunwhales)and has a flat double skinned floor. It is easy to stand on this to fish lures etc and this makes the boat a great choice for the Pike angler.
As you will see from the photos the trailer is also in fantastic condition. It is solidly constructed from top quality materials and parts, tows very well and should give years of service. It was custom built for the boat and holds it perfectly. It is easy to launch and recover boat single handed.
The boat has has been fitted with a custom made folding cuddy designed by me, built and fitted by professional tradesmen. It is constructed from marine grade stainless steel frame and a marine waterproof breathable cover with large front window. This is completely removable and can be fitted to the frame in seconds and indeed the frame can be pulled up and locked tightly in position in seconds too. In nice weather I fit and leave it down. This set up gives the best of both worlds, plenty of deck room for fly fishing and spinning while the cuddy is down and plenty of shelter for crew and gear when the wind and rain is lashing from the heavens.
Comes with two flush mounted stainless rod holders on the rear.
Two Professional detatchable Trolling mounts
Four rod holders on stainless rails.
Anchor and mud weight with plenty of warp.
Mooring ropes
Bow roller
Two dock fenders
Brand new unused 9ft pine oars with collars plus removeable rowlocks
Watertight bow storage compartment
Lowrance Down imaging sonar fishfinder with long life battery
Spare trailer wheel
Cushions for rear bench seat and for middle seat.
Trailer lighting board

I am looking for £3,500 ONO for the whole package. If you have a look at the price of similar boat / trailer and pristine Honda 8hp 4 stroke engine you will appreciate that this package is an excellent buy.

I live in the Paisley area where boat can be viewed and engine can be seen running.

I can send more photos if required. I am open to offers.

Wildfisher

That looks like a brilliant deal.

Lochan_load

I know someone looking for a boat, I'll show him that, just wish I had the cash myself

loch coulter

if i was 10 years younger i would have grabbed it! :(

fergie

That's a great set up someone will get a bargain there.

rannoch raider

Thanks for your endorsements guys. It is indeed a very nice boat. It is a seriously capable craft for a thirteen footer. I was astonished by the amount of room aboard which to be honest isn't really apparent from the photos. It is very spacious and stable which is probably down to the construction of the hull and the double skinned flat floor.
It is a great all rounder and will lend itself to whatever style of fishing, freshwater or saltwater, you choose to use it for.

Hope it goes to a good home!

Allan Crawford

Sorry you had to sell it, would be a good set up for some one who only had a small shed to keep it in.

Go To Front Page