News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Waterproof Compact digital camera advice

Started by np01, May 15, 2010, 10:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

np01

Have been looking for a while at investing in one of these. Have tried to find "independent" up to date reviews on the net, but there isn't much that looks genuinely unbiased or reliable. However many of the user reviews I've read are often complaints about the camera leaking? Have seen from time to time comments on the forum about waterproof compacts, but wondered if anybody would recommend a particular camera or could point me in the direction of a reliable review?

Thanks

Nick

Clan Ford

Hi Nick,

I've used a Pentax Optio W10 for several years now, for a quick point and click round the river its great.  I've had no problems from water ingression (its only waterproof up to 1.5m).  The model has now been superceeded many times so not sure I can comment on the current set of cameras.  It has certainly exceed my expectaions :D

Norm

Robbie

I recently purchased a Pentax Optio W80, it produces good quality photos and easy to get to grips with.  Must say i have not tested its waterproof qualities yet, intention is to only rely on those in case of emergency  :pat

Robbie

Part-time

Nick
I got hold of a Pentax W60 about a year ago and have found it to be pretty good and waterproof so far.
John

Go To Front Page