News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

For those interested in older gear

Started by east wind, October 11, 2017, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

east wind

Father in Law died early June. He was a keen angler and shooter, a counrtyman through and through.
I now have possesion of his fishing gear, made me think how much simpler fishing was and how much stronger your arms needed to be.

Apart from the obligatory Mitchell spinning reel all had had in a canvas bag to cover his fishing was a couple of Condex reels, a Baudex reel and a Hardy Uniqua.
Two rods, a Hardy Pope and a Walker Brampton Salmon rod.

His Salmon flies had perished but there was a wallet for his Sea Trout night fishing casts, and a tin of trout dries.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

JimJams

Amazing the old kit.
Just before I got into fishing, my friends grandfather passed away, he was a very renowned angler and very popular in the inverness fishing scene, I remember being around 14 years old at his house and seeing his tying room, was mesmerised by it, just wish I had gotten into it a couple of years before.

Wildfisher

I love the look of old gear especially  split cane rods (PLEASE don't call them "bamboo" were are British after all :lol: ) . Split cane rods are works of art although I have to admit I'd rather look at them than fish with them.

Go To Front Page